Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Words_Ode to Direction

Oh, direction. You're so elusive...or are you? Perhaps you've been here all along, sitting quietly like a well behaved timid child, exhaling excruciatingly softly to prevent drawing any attention to yourself. You're too polite, direction. Or perhaps I'm too bubbled and isolated and consumed in myself that I can't recognize something right in front of me. Maybe it's true that we only see what we want to see. I'm glad I finally noticed you, that we've locked eyes and exchanged acknowledgments. I might have heard you mutter "It's about time" under your breath but I can't be too sure. And before I put the cart before the horse, I need to cultivate what exists behind you, direction. I need to nurture it and gain some momentum because without it, I'll fall flat on my face. So let's work together. You and me, my first loves, youthful fearlessness, and the belief that through the highest heights and the deepest trenches, we can find fulfillment and contentment in the life of our heads, hearts and hands, working feverishly to uncover the truth inside us that has been there all along.

No comments: