Thursday, September 15, 2011

Words & Video_Happy! Surprise! Love!

Today was quite a day. I threw not one but two birthday surprises for Robbey, all prepared seconds beforehand.

Surprise #1
I'm in my kitchen. I send a text to Robbey: "What's your ETA?" His responds: "Five minutes." I continue to put dishes away when I hear my front door creak open. I immediately leap behind the kitchen counter and wait a few seconds. The moment I see Robbey's head come into view, I jump out from behind the counter and yell, "Surpriiiiiiise!" He's unusually calm for some reason but flashes a wide smile. Was he tipped off? But how could he have been...
"Are you surprised?" I ask.
"Yeah," he says, still cool as a cucumber.
"Well, I got you this--" I pointed to a half eaten chicken sandwich I had just heated in the microwave. "And this--" I picked up an almost empty cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. My eyes land on an almost empty bottle of Diet Coke. "And this, too!"
"Wow, thank you." He says flatly.
"I'm so glad I surprised you," I say. "I mean, I know your birthday's in May but I've been planning this for months now. I was so afraid last night that someone was going to say something and ruin it."
"I can't believe you pulled it off." He says.
"I just love you so much," I say.
He reaches for the Diet Coke bottle.
"Oh wait," I say.
"Can't I have this?" He asks.
"Actually... sorry," I say slowly. "That's my roommate's."

Surprise #2 (A half an hour later than Surprise #1)
Robbe takes a shower. I vacuum my room. I hear him turn the water off and open the door for air. I nearly close my door and turn off the lights, waiting expectantly for him to walk in.

This is what happened (skip to 0:11 seconds)



If you didn't know what love was, well, now you know.

No comments: