Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Words & Photos_High-Five Tuesday

1. Deeply encouraged and moved by this today, although the original hard copy version maintains the older language which, to me, is richer and more meaningful. Nonetheless, these words spoke to me:

The true expression of Christian character is not in good-doing, but in God-likeness. If the Spirit of God has transformed you within, you will exhibit divine characteristics in your life, not just good human characteristics. God’s life in us expresses itself as God’s life, not as human life trying to be godly. The secret of a Christian’s life is that the supernatural becomes natural in him as a result of the grace of God, and the experience of this becomes evident in the practical, everyday details of life, not in times of intimate fellowship with God. 

2. I follow a friend of a friend on Twitter who does who-knows-what in NYC. All I know is that she can tweet disgustingly amazing things like this: http://instagr.am/p/NqlWo/ Jealous doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

3. Robbey and I have started working on our wedding site (puke? I know) and I must say, it is really adorable. It also reaffirms one of the many reasons I love Robbey in the way he writes, both humorously and poetically, especially about the people he loves.

4. Excited for a Nashville wedding next week and being a part of Robbe reuniting with some of his closest friends. In other news, can someone find me a cute dress to wear, please? Marchesa?

5. Has anyone ever bought a wedding dress or know someone who has bought a used/preowned wedding dress online? If so, let a homegirl know, please!

1 comment:

Peyton Roberts said...

Kimi! I bought my wedding dress (the one Laura picked out for me) on ebay after a boutique in Baltimore wouldn't order the dress I wanted bc they said it wouldn't get there in time. The dress was brand new in its original packaging, purchased from a wholesaler who sold it to me for 1/3 the cost of the boutique dress! I am a big time fan of online dress buying :) Basically once you know the dress details (designer, style #, etc) plug 'em in eBay and see what comes up :)